In my latest rankings, Suffern and Yorktown remain at the top, while North Rockland and Bronxville rose up. Also, a new team appears on the Class B rankings.
All records listed are prior to Monday’s games
Top 10 Power Ranking
1. Suffern (8-5) — The Mounties continued their dominance over the rest of Section 1 with wins over Clarkstown North and Clarkstown South.
2. Yorktown (12-0) — With wins over Brewster, Somers and New Canaan, Yorktown remains the lone unbeaten Section 1 team.
3. North Rockland (12-1) — The Red Raiders got a big win at John Jay on Saturday to move up in this list. The lone loss of the season was to Suffern.
4. Somers (9-2-1) — Following back-to-back wins over John Jay, the Tuskers tied Horace Greeley and suffered a close loss to Yorktown.
5. John Jay (7-5-1) — John Jay suffered a couple of tough one-goal losses, including an upset to Fox Lane and to North Rockland.
6. Lakeland/Panas (9-2-1) — The Rebels keep rolling along. Molly Fitzpatrick and Dana Bozek both scored their 250th and 100th career goals, respectively, last week.
7. Rye (9-1-1) — The Garnets are on a three-game winning streak after a loss to North Rockland.
8. Bronxville (12-1) — The Broncos made a statement with a convincing 15-8 win over Class A Mamaroneck on Saturday.
9. Mamaroneck (11-2) — The Tigers saw their seven-game winning streak end with the loss to Bronxville, but were able to get a win over league rival White Plains on Thursday.
10. Rye Country Day (12-0) — The Wildcats became the first school in the Fairchester Athletic Association’s 37-year history other than Greenwich Academy to win the regular-season title.
1. Suffern (8-5)
2. North Rockland (12-1)
3. Lakeland/Panas (9-2-1)
4. Mamaroneck (11-2)
5. Arlington (11-2)
No changes since last time. Mahopac, which is right on the cusp, will have a golden opportunity to overtake Arlington on this list if they can beat them on Saturday.
1. Yorktown (12-0)
2. Somers (9-2-1)
3. John Jay (7-5-1)
4. Rye (9-1-1)
5. Byram Hills (7-2-1)
With Tappan Zee and Ossining both struggling last week, Byram Hills makes an appearance on the list. The Bobcats had a tough one-goal loss to Rye on April 22nd, and are currently riding a four-game winning streak.
1. Bronxville (12-1)
2. Pearl River (6-4-3)
3. North Salem (9-1)
4. Hen Hud (7-3)
5. Albertus Magnus (5-5-1)
Bronxville continues to pull away from the rest of the pack. Aside from that, the list remains the same as last time.
1. Rye Country Day (12-0)
2. Hackley (12-1)
3. Holy Child (8-4)
4. Harvey (7-0)
Another list that is unchanged. Rye Country Day remains undefeated, Hackley continues to play well, and keep an eye on Harvey, a team that is also unbeaten and off to the best start in its history.
(Photo by Frank Becerra Jr./The Journal News)