After a two-week hiatus Yorktown regains its spot atop the rankings. A few other flip-flops, but for the most part things have remained status quo.
1. Yorktown (13-1): Call the Huskers DJ Khalid because all they do is win. Monday’s win against undefeated Hackley was Yorktown’s 13th straight win. The Huskers haven’t lost a game to a Section 1 opponent.
2. Suffern (11-3): The Mounties had a slip-up against North Rockland early last week, but their convincing win against the Red Raiders on Monday stops them from free-falling down the rankings.
3. North Rockland (12-2): The Red Raiders knocked off the top team in last-weeks rankings last Tuesday, but couldn’t complete the sweep on Monday. I doubt it’s the last time those two see each other this season.
4. John Jay (8-3-1): The Indians posted a better week, getting a strong win over Pearl River and a tie against Lakeland/Panas.
5. Lakeland/Panas (8-3-2): Here come the Rebels. We’ll see what Lakeland/Panas is made of this week as they have games against Mahopac, Brewster and a season-finale showdown at Yorktown.
6. Brewster (5-6-1): Rough loss to Yorktown last week. Can make some noise heading into sectionals with strong games against Lakeland/Panas and John Jay.
7. Scarsdale (9-3-2): Got the win on the road at White Plains. The Raiders control their destiny in terms of a league title, but Bronxville and Mamaroneck stand in there way.
8. Mahopac (5-6-1): Played Yorktown to a one-goal thriller. The Indians have been on the wrong side of a lot of close games.
9. Somers (7-4-1): Big showdown against Putnam Valley looming on Wednesday.
10. White Plains (9-3-1): Two tough losses to Bronxville and Scarsdale. The Tigers play two Class A opponents this week they could potentially see in sectionals (Mamaroneck, Mahopac).