Another week in the books means another set of rankings. Some slight changes, but things seemed to have settled in.
1. Suffern (9-2): Two games against North Rockland along with a big game against Yorktown all remain on the schedule.
2. Yorktown (10-1): No off games for the Huskers. In addition to their league games, they head to undefeated Hackley and host Suffern.
3. North Rockland (9-1): Continue to win the games it needs to. Tw0 big upcoming games against Suffern.
4. John Jay (8-3): Two rough losses to Yorktown and Somers. The Indians have no time to dwell on them with Lakeland/Panas and Brewster upcoming.
5. Brewster (5-5-1): Three very nice wins against Lakeland/Panas, Mahopac and Fox Lane. No shame in the Guilderland result. The Flying Dutchmen are the top Class A team in Section 2.
6. Lakeland/Panas (6-3-1): Lost a heartbreaker at home against Yorktown. Bounced back by handing Kingston its first loss of the season.
7. White Plains (9-1-1): Won the games they were supposed to. Big games against Bronxville, Scarsdale and Mamaroneck looming this week.
8. Scarsdale (7-2-2): Solid win against Mamaroneck. Have a chance to avenge one of their losses this week against White Plains.
9. Somers (6-4-1): Big win against John Jay on Monday. The Tuskers are one of the most unpredictable teams in the section. Have a chance to go 4-0 to close out season.
10. Mahopac (4-5-1): On paper going 0-1-1 doesn’t look appealing. A tie against Scarsdale and a one-goal loss to Brewster isn’t anything to be ashamed of.