Big shake up this week was the top spot. After an impressive performance against Brewster the Mounties take over the No. 1 spot from Yorktown. I said it last week: You can really make a case for either of these teams. It’s not that the Huskers did anything to lose them the top spot as much as Suffern’s performance was too impressive to deny.
The rest of the top 10 is pretty similar to last week with a bit of shifting. The teams are really starting to settle in now that we are more than halfway through the season.
LoHud Girls Lacrosse Top 10 No. 3
1. Suffern (6-2): You have do something really exceptional to leapfrog a team that goes 3-0 against all top-10 teams. The Mounties did just that.
2. Yorktown (8-1): The Huskers didn’t do anything wrong to lose the top spot. They have another difficult week ahead, including a rematch against the noisy neighbors.
3. John Jay (8-1): The Indians have a chance to prove their the top team in Class B on Wednesday when they face Yorktown.
4. North Rockland (8-1): Played Huskers to one of their closest games this season. One-goal win over Byram Hills is scary, but they still retain their spot.
5. Lakeland/Panas (4-1-1): Solid wins against Mahopac and Bronxville keep them stationary. Rebels could make some noise with a win against the Huskers later this week.
6. Brewster (2-4-1): That Suffern game doesn’t look good on their resume. However, no one in the section has looked good agains the Mounties. One of the most battle-tested teams in the area.
7. White Plains (7-1-1): A bit of a slip up against Mamaroneck. Got the big win against Scarsdale, though.
8. Scarsdale (6-2-1): After a loss to White Plains came back with wins against Bronxville and Clarkstown South.
9. Mamaroneck (4-2-1): Tigers seemed to have turned things around after a slow start.Two big tests against Bronxville and Scarsdale this week.
10. Rye (3-3-1): Sulliman injury hurts the Garnets, but they are still the top team in Class C.