Another week in the books means another set of rankings.
The way I see it, the teams have somewhat clumped together.
I’ll break it down as follows:
-Top two teams are really a toss up. You could make a case for both squads and be right. Lucky for us the two will face off on May 8th.
-John Jay and North Rockland is another toss up. These two are the biggest contenders to break into the top group and win their respective sections, outside of the teams ahead of them.
-Teams 5-7 is another group of teams that is somewhat interchangeable.
-Same goes for 8-9.
-Mahopac and Bronxville just miss out on making it in.
LoHud Girls Lacrosse Top 10 No. 2
1. Yorktown (5-1): Impressive wins against Fox Lane and Mahopac keep the Huskers at the top of the pack.
2. Suffern (4-1): Could make a strong case for the number one spot. Mounties seems to be clicking on both sides of the ball.
3. John Jay (6-1): With the return of Molly O’Reilly they seem to be cruising. Next week they get another crack at the Huskers.
4. North Rockland (6-0): Only team in the section with a zero still in the loss column.
5. Brewster (2-1-1): Gave the North Rockland their closest game of the season. Still plenty of talent left over from 2012.
6. Lakeland/Panas (3-1-1): Big game looming against Mahopac, who could easily replace the Rebels in this spot with a win.
7. Somers (2-3-1): Finally caught a break yesterday against the Rebels getting the tie. Lost by an average of 2.5 goals to Yorktown and John Jay.
8. Scarsdale (2-1): Big week ahead for the Raiders with White Plains, Bronxville and Clarkstown South all on tap.
9. White Plains (5-1): One of the big upstarts of the season. Big win against Bronxville gets them in the conversation.
10. Rye (2-1-1): Flying somewhat under the radar.