As many of you might have noticed, the one thing missing from the blog so far has been a set of rankings. I’ll be honest. I’m not a big fan of preseason polls. I choose to wait until the season got underway to get a good feel for the teams before I released my top-10 list.
With most teams with at least a couple games under their belt, I felt it necessary to crank out an overall top-10 list and class-by-class rankings.
As always, don’t be bashful in sharing your thoughts. Leave a comment or send me a tweet @LoHud_DeFran.
Without further ado…
LoHud Girls Lacrosse Top 10 No. 1
1. Yorktown (3-1): Seems like a different player steps up every game for them. Haven’t looked back since an early season loss to a very talented Ward Melville team.
2. Suffern (1-1): Split with a pair of strong Syracuse-area teams. Youth doesn’t mean inexperience for the Mounties.
3. John Jay (4-1): Fell in a heartbreaker to Huskers. Still managed to reel off wins against solid opponents all without senior midfielder Molly O’Reilly, who should return soon.
4. Bronxville (4-0): The Broncos have one of the most potent offenses in the section. They’re averaging 17 goals a game.
5. North Rockland (3-0): It’s the defense that’s stepped up early, holding teams to 5.7 goals a game. Offense should find it’s groove soon.
6. Lakeland/Panas (2-0): Despite massive losses to graduation the Rebels still seem to be in good shape.
7. Somers (2-2): Played Yorktown and John Jay to tight games. Also had a nice win over Rye.
8. Fox Lane (0-2): Despite the slow start, due in part to injuries, I think the Foxes have the talent to right the ship.
9. Scarsdale (2-1): No one has been able to stop Lindsey Repp so far. The junior has 27 points already.
10. Rye (1-1): Too much talent not to be considered.